Today we are going to talk a little about green banana flour and all its benefits for those who decide to include this food in their diet, seeking a healthier diet.
WHAT IS GREEN BANANA FLOUR
Green banana flour is a compound created by processing bananas before they mature. Being considered a great food to help fight weight gain, helping to lose weight and strengthen health.
BENEFITS OF GREEN BANANA FLOUR
The consumption of green banana flour is able to bring several benefits to our body, considering that it is full of good nutrients. Among the main ones we can mention:
- Helps prevent constipation in the bowel.
- It helps to reduce the body’s production of insulin, reducing the need to consume sugars.
- Helps in lowering bad cholesterol, LDL, which prevents the emergence of various diseases and bad health conditions.
- It is an important aid in improving our immunity.
- By digestion, it also improves intestinal function, as well as ensuring that more nutrients are better absorbed by our body.
- An important aid for those trying to lose weight, as its consumption helps to control hunger, as the flour brings a feeling of satiety.
In addition, of course, to so many other benefits, obtained not only by including green banana flour in the diet, but also by associating it with good health habits, such as exercise and good nutrition.
PROPERTIES OF GREEN BANANA FLOUR
Green banana flour has several types of nutrients obtained because of the process of transforming the banana into flour is carried out while the fruit is still green.
Among the main nutrients present in its composition, we can highlight:
As the green banana flour is made with it still in the green state, it ends up being a type of food with zero fat, which is excellent for those who are looking for a healthy weight loss process.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BANANA FLOUR
Although green banana flour is widely marketed, you can make it at home if you want to get away from flours full of chemical compounds.
For that, you must buy a good amount of green banana, being the silver banana the most suitable, but you can use the banana you want. After that, just follow the step by step below:
- Blanch the unpeeled green banana in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Then take them out of the water, taking care not to burn yourself, and peel them, discarding the husks.
- Take the peeled fruit and cut it into strips not too wide.
- Spread these banana strips in a mold (grease or non-stick) and place in the oven.
- Let the banana roast, without burning, until it is browned, crumbling in your hand.
- Beat the roasted bananas in a blender and then sift this composition.
- Store the flour in a sterilized and dry pot, always keeping it in a well-ventilated place.
And presto, your homemade green banana flour, free of preservatives and other chemicals, is ready to be added to your diet.
WHAT IS GREEN BANANA FLOUR FOR
Green banana flour serves as a substitute for high-calorie foods, or even as a complement to your meal, bringing a greater feeling of satiety and helping with weight loss.
WHERE TO BUY GREEN BANANA FLOUR
If you do not want to produce it at home, the banana vede flour can be purchased at various establishments that sell natural products or even in supermarkets. Just browse your city.
There are also stores in other regions that sell green banana flour over the internet, where you can make the purchase online with them and receive it directly at your home, without having to travel.
Just do some research on the internet, which, for sure, you will find several purchase options.
HARMS OF GREEN BANANA FLOUR
There are no strong indications that green banana flour is harmful to your health. What is known is that, if it is consumed in excess, it can bring some harm to our body, such as:
- Increased body fat.
- Weight gain as it is rich in carbohydrates.
- Intestinal constipation, because the excessive consumption of fiber brings the opposite effect to the desired one.
Therefore, it is important that you consume green banana flour with the utmost care and attention, using it only to improve and complement your daily diet.
HOW TO USE GREEN BANANA FLOUR
The best way to consume green banana flour is in conjunction with other foods and recipes.
You can use it in cake and pie dough, or even mixing it with juices, soups and smoothies. It is also a great accompaniment to fruit.
The recommendation, however, is that you do not consume more than 30 grams of green flour per day, which amounts to approximately two tablespoons.
RECIPES WITH GREEN BANANA FLOUR
Here are two simple recipes with green banana flour, for you to include this food in your daily life.
- Pancake – you will need 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 cup of green banana flour, 1 cup of the milk of your choice, 1 tablespoon of yeast, salt and sugar to taste. Mix all the ingredients and then form the pancakes in a greased skillet with coconut oil, browning on both sides. Once ready, consume with fruit, yogurt or even cheese.
- Porridge – you will need 100ml of water, 200ml of milk, 2 tablespoons of green banana flour, sugar and cinnamon to taste. Bring a pan to medium heat and mix the milk with the flour until it thickens, adding the water to soften the mixture. Then add the sugar to your liking, and turn off the heat when it reaches a creamy consistency. Add the cinnamon when serving.
There are many more recipes, just search them online , or check options with nutritionists.
Green banana flour, when consumed correctly, can bring many benefits to our body.
So, if you are interested in benefiting from this food, look for ways to include it in your diet!